Walking barefooted on a meadow wet with morning dew.
A call of a bird echoing over a silent lake.
Wandering home through the sleeping city at sunrise.
Laine Issue 14, summer 2022, is inspired by the light Nordic summer nights – gentle, delicate and carefree. Nordic summers are so short and sweet, that even the wee small hours feel too precious to spend asleep.
The 10 designs featured in this summer collection embody that summer night’s magic and explore colourwork, texture and delicate details.
- 10 knitting patterns, beautifully photographed and illustrated (both charts and written instructions provided)
- an interview with knitwear designer Aleks Byrd whose debut book will be published in May 2022 by Laine Publishing
- an article about Sisters United
- an article about vegan knitting
- a column about the challenge of running into a creative rut by regular columnist Päivi Kankaro
- a column about how to find comfort in learning a new craft by regular columnist Jeanette Sloan
- seasonal recipes
- book reviews
- Laine Favourites section
Designers featured in this issue: Isabella Clark, Evgeniya Dupliy, Lindsey Fowler, Katrine Hannibal, Ema Marinescu, Claudia Quintanilla, Maria Walters and Sylvia Watts-Cherry.
Print only. No digital download code available.
Printed in Estonia.
Release date: May 6, 2022
Pattern images and details will be available on Ravelry from April 29.